CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Father and Son

Over Memorial Weekend, I got the oppotunity to take my oldest son Griffey away for the weekend for some one-on-one time. And where else do you think we would go, but to go watch some ballgames. Griff and I took a quick trip to San Diego to watch the Padres play Ken Griffey Jr. and the Reds. In hopes that we might see a bit of history in watching Griffey Jr. hit his 600th homerun.

Now we did just miss him hit #598 the night before we got there. And although we did not bring him any luck during the three games we attended, he did provide us with some excitement, hitting a couple of balls to the wall.

We had a great time together, sharing our love of baseball and our favorite player. I remember sharing times like these with my dad, and it is some of my most cherished memories. I hope that some day Griffey will think back on our trip (and hopefully future trips) and have the same memories I did as a kid. Plus, "Little" Griffey thinks he is pretty special to be named after a future Hall of Famer.

Here are a few more pics from our trip.



0 comments: